1R's Take: Not much to say that we haven’t already said regarding the source of creatine (CE3) in Cell Mass, and how it appears to be a complete scam worthy of a lawsuit mentioned in Sports Illustrated. So while we really like Syntha-6, True Mass, and Lean Dessert, we just can't honestly stand by CellMass. Of course, if you'd rather ignore the science, then knock yourself out at the retailers below who will happily sell it to you.
What They Want You to Believe:
A proprietary blend of four advanced creatine analogs designed to increase creatine transport, uptake and effectiveness, leading to accelerated muscle recovery and hydrogen ion buffering.* AVPT contains:
• Sodium Creatine Phosphate Matrix: A sodium salt of creatine phosphate, which enhances water solubility. Once inside the bloodstream, a sodium chloride dependant transporter is responsible for carrying the creatine to the muscles cells. So by combining creatine with sodium, it is suggested that the uptake and absorption of creatine may be greatly enhanced.*
• Creatine EthylEster-Beta-Alanine Dual Action Composite (CarnoSyn®): BSN™s newest proprietary blend, designed to increase water and lipid solubility of creatine.* Not only has BSN increased water and lipophilicity, hydrogen ion buffering has also been addressed with the addition of Beta-Alanine. Recent research indictates that the "burning" sensation of muscularfatigue may not be simply lactic acid accumulation, but also an accumulation of hydrogen ions; a metabolic by-product. Beta-Alanine supplementation increases the production of carnosine, a dipeptide known to buffer lactic acid accumulation and decrease hydrogen ions.*
• Creatinol-O-Phosphate-Malic Acid Interfusion: A creatine analog suggested to support cardiovascular function, increase oxygen availability, endurance, work capacity and time to exhaustion.* ATP is our body's energy, the energy to have a muscular contraction and the energy to repair muscle tissue. Creatine helps to carry phosphates which it donates to ADP to make more ATP, thus more energy.* This process if further enhanced by Malic Acid, a Krebs Cycle intermidate involved in the production of ATP.
• Creatine AAB™ (Creatine Alpha-Amino-N-Butyrate): The final creatine analog in AVPT. Unlike the other creatine analogs of the matrix, Creatine Alpha-Amino-N-Butyrate posseses anti-catabolic effects also.* Leucine, the branched chain amino acid, is metabolized to ketoisocaproate, which is then metabolized to alpha amino-n-butyrate; this metabolite is thought to support protein synthesis and minimize protein damage from intense training.* Not only is creatine absoprtion and effectiveness increased by this bond, but an element of anabolism and anti-catabolism is obtained.*
• Glutamine AKG(2000mg): Glutamine is the most anti-catabolic amino acid. Overtraining is associated with low plasma glutamine levels, thus CellMass™ may help alleviate or prevent the negative effects of overtraining.*
• Cinnulin-PF: An aqueous extract of cinnamon that is loaded with uniquely linked proanthocyanidin antioxidants. These compounds "turn on" cellular signaling mechanisms normally carried out by insulin. Cinnulin-PF may help to maintain blood glucose, cholesterol and triglyceride levels that are already within the normal range.*
• Di-Calcium Phosphate, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate: Donate themselves to creatine to maximize phosphocreatine levels, thus increased ATP levels, strenght and endurance. Calcium, potassium and sodium are involved in the regulation of force generation.*
After an intense training session, you must replenish ATP stores. ATP is the energy needed for muscular contractions as well as repairing the damage caused to muscular tissue due to intense training; this is why it is imperative to book-end your workout with CellMass™. N.O.-XPLODE™ consumed pre-workout gives your body enough creatine to make sufficient additional ATP to aid in fueling your intense training.* After your training, ATP stores are depleted and it is necessary to hyper-saturate your muscles with creatine and phosphates for ATP replenishment. Additionally, to ensure full muscle protein repair, CellMass™ is fortified with glutamine AKG for maximal anti-catabolic effects, preventing any further breakdown of lean muscle tissue.*